Hoarding Cleaning in NYC
For those who are yet unfamiliar with the term, "hoarding" is a disorder that is defined as an extreme inability to dispose of various objects and possessions, due to the perceived need to keep them. This results in an excessive accumulation of belongings, regardless of their actual value. Made popular by the TV show, “Hoarders,” this disorder was relatively unknown until recent years. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has reminded everyone of the importance of keeping our homes as clean and disinfected as possible. With that in mind, the following is a closer look at the hoarding cleaning services we offer.
Symptoms of Hoarding
Although the only way to be officially diagnosed is by visiting a medical professional, those who suffer from hoarding disorder are typically also suffering from mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, and ADHD, among others. Moreover, the longer the issue continues, the worse it gets. Either way, hoarding disorder typically includes any combination of the following symptoms:
- Excessively accumulating objects which are unnecessary and that there is no room for.
- Feeling compelled to save an array of items, even when they are no longer needed or useful.
- Extreme difficulty with the discarding of various items, regardless of their value.
- Collecting clutter up until the point in which entire rooms are unusable.
- Difficulty macking decisions or allowing others to make decisions.
Extreme Hoarding Cleanup
If you or a loved one is suffering from a hoarding disorder, we are here to help. While it may be tempting to try to clean up the issue on your own, this process is often too overwhelming to complete alone. Along with mental health treatment, junk removal is also a necessary service in order to properly address this issue and dispose of any items that cannot be collected by the city. This process includes a deep cleaning of various areas of your home after the removal of clutter from the premises.
If you are in need of hoarder cleaning services, we can help you get your home in amazing condition in a timely manner. We can help you regain control over your surroundings by offering our hoarder house cleaning service. Our friendly professionals will come to your home to assess the situation and determine how much cleaning will be necessary in order to get your home back to a condition that is both clean and sanitary. Moreover, we can provide you with a hoarder cleaning checklist that will make it easier for you to keep your home clean moving forward.
- Hoarding is a disorder that is often a result of mental illness and can require treatment from a mental health professional.
- The main symptom of hoarding is the excessive collection of objects that results in a home that is overly cluttered.
- In addition to mental health treatment, most hoarders require the help of a professional cleaning service in order to totally eradicate the issue.
Majik Hoarding Help
Overall, if you or a loved one is suffering from hoarding disorder, the first step is reaching out for help. No matter what the severity of your hoarding situation may be, your friends at Majik Services Inc. will take the time to assess your home and advise you on which items and areas need to be cleaned and decluttered in order for you or your loved one to be able to enjoy living in your home comfortably.
There is no need to live in shame or the agony associated with an overly cluttered home. Contact us today to find schedule an appointment and find out how we can further assist you.